Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Kitchen Stove Review


The Kitchen stove review
The Kitchen Stove by Eric Wilson created in 1943 is an abstract piece of art that is a collage depicting a kitchen stove. In the picture if you look at the piece of art in the right angles you can see these things: a knife, a cupboard, a cat and mouse, some tinned food, a teapot and keys. The background is a badge colour that fits perfectly with the more vibrant foreground colors that pop out at you. He has used the cubism style and also used paints and collage. All of the items in this piece are stacked up on top of each other in a collage form so that you can see the items on the bottom briefly.

This is a wonderfully done piece of art that makes me feel mystified and second guessing myself, wanting to know more.

For me at a first glance this artwork looks like the front window of a music shop with all of the instruments lined up behind each other; I would call it the music shop. But once I learned the title of the art was called the kitchen stove, you start to see the normal things you find in the kitchen but on a collage.

This artwork makes me feel mystified because you can’t decide what the piece really is. My mind says to me it’s a music shop but the artist deliberately makes you second guess yourself when looking at this piece.

I can make a connection to this piece of art because I have tend to help out in the kitchen. Sometimes I cut and peel the vegetables and prepare the food.

Overall this piece of art Is beautiful and well rounded, that makes me feel deceived whenever I see the artwork.

I recommend this piece of art to anyone looking for artwork that looks cool. If you want to see a piece of art that is similar maybe have a look at Pablo Picasso's
The 3 Musicians. You can find this piece of art and many others on this website here: https://www.artgallery.nsw.gov.au


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.